According to the data in the Chronicle, the first church in the village of Zagrađe was built in 1867. The church was pulled down because of bad construction, and a new one was built in that spot in 1966. A combination of stone and brick was used as a building material. The church dedicated to Saint Archangel Gabriel is in the shape of a cross with a sophisticated octagonal dome above the nave. There is a trilateral altar apse in the east, whereas one can find a bell tower above the west part, which represents a small narthex. Architectural decoration of the bell tower with double openings on all four sides was clearly made on the model of the Saint Nicholas’ Church in Šilopaj. The stone rosette above the main entrance was made by a local stone-carver Đorđe Sretenović.
The remains of the original temple’s iconostasis are kept in the church in Zagrađe, together with other religious objects from the XIX century.