The backbone of the Museum’s activities is represented by Brković’s house in Sinđelićeva street no. 7 in Gornji Milanovac, where the Legacy of the Nastasijević brothers and the permanent exhibition “Gifts and Purchases of the Obrenović Dynasty” are located.
The house of Ivan Brković, a wealthy city merchant, was built in 1938 in Sinđelićeva street no. 7. It represents a representative example of the achieved comfort of the wealthier members of Milanese society at that time and is one of the few preserved houses of the city’s interwar architecture. The building is designed as a ground floor with a spacious attic, which is reached by a luxurious wooden staircase. In addition, its interior features a central room with a fireplace in the left corner, another large room, two smaller ones, a kitchen and a basement. What gives the interior of the “Brković house” a special charm are the arched passages through which all the rooms communicate with each other, as well as its impressive exterior with a large gable roof that carries two small window openings of the attic and overhangs the entrance part, creating a kind of external vestibule. Thanks to its representative appearance and functionality, it was extremely suitable for the Museum of the Mining-Takovo Region, which has been officially housed in it since 1994.
In September 1994, the permanent exhibition “Gifts and redemptions – time of the Obrenović dynasty” was opened, which is located in the attic of the Museum building. The setting covers the period of the Obrenović family’s rule, the creation of Gornji Milanovac and gives a picture of Serbia in the 19th century. In addition, in “Brković’s House” is also presented as a permanent exhibition of the Nastasijević brothers’ Legacies.